Burning sage, also known as smudging, involves burning sage leaves and letting the smoke purify the air in your home. Poor air quality may be linked to various health conditions. In this way, burning sage is seen as a cost-effective way to help purify the air. This is because sage is thought to have antimicrobial properties that help kill bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Holistic practitioners of alternative medicine believe that burning sage can help release negative energy
How To Use Sage:
- Open a window or door before you start burning the sage. This allows the smoke to exit your house.
- Put the sage in the burning container and light it. Let it burn for several seconds and then blow it out so that it keeps smoking. If it stops emitting smoke, try lighting it again.
- If you are using the sage for spiritual purposes, set an intention for what you are doing. For example, you might say "Let this be the day that changes start to take place." or "I am removing the negativity from my home."
- Walk to each room you wish to purify and let the smoke enter it. Do not allow any space to fill with too much smoke. Avoid inhaling the smoke directly.
- Once you are done burning your sage you are not done. You then must put back positivity into the space as after the sage, it is wiped totally clean. This can be burning a palo santo stick, playing positive music, dancing, meditation to set intentions, essential oils, crystal ceremonies, singing to plants, etc
Keep in Cool & Dry Place
Keep out of reach of children.
Make sure ashes fall on fireproof surfaces, (ashtrays or incense holders).
Never leave burning incense unattended.
Not for human consumption & not tested on animals.